We are pleased to share our Workforce Development Plan 2022
Ko ngā pae tawhiti, whāia kia tata
Ko ngā pae tata, whakamaua kia tina
The potential for tomorrow is determined by what we do today.
This initial Workforce Development Plan presents a high-level summary of the people working in the Service sector today, the factors shaping the workforce in the coming years, and the actions we could take to develop the future workforce together. As our first plan, it is based on readily accessible, quantitative information, and qualitative insights gleaned from the many early conversations we’ve had with people from the sector.
What's inside the Workforce Development Plan?
- A spotlight on our Service sector kaimahi - Māori, Pacific, women, disabled people, and rangatahi
- The state of vocational education in the Service sector
- Snapshots of our ten industry groupings
- Major factors shaping the sector
- Key focus areas and a proposed framework for actions to be co-created with all those involved within the sector
We've also created infographic profiles for the Service sector and each industry. The infographics show information on the workforce, businesses, economic contribution, and education and training.
Where to from here?
Through to early 2023, we want to know how much of what we’ve shared here resonates with you. We encourage you to read, share and challenge our plan.
Join the conversation, sign up to become involved, and receive updates and invitations to industry events.