Te Rāngai Ohu Mahi - Paerewa Ako me te Marautanga ā-motu | Skill Standards and ‘National Curriculum’ Sector Working Group
Over the past few months, a sector working group has been working on developing draft Skills Standards. Working Group members have been drawn from WDCs, Te Pūkenga, Wānanga, TITOs, Universities, Schools, PTEs, GTE, Tertiary Education Union, TEC, Ministry of Education and NZQA.
Skill standards have been established as a result of the Simplifying qualifications and other credentials consultation in 2021. These standards will soon become the core building blocks of qualifications that will support a skilled and future-ready workforce. This is your chance to hear about what is being proposed and to provide feedback before NZQA’s formal consultation process begins.
The group have developed:
- Ngā kaupapa – guiding principles for the development of skill standards
- Proposed skill standard components
- A worked example of a skill standard
- An explanation of how skill standards will be different to unit standards.
We are hosting information sessions with NZQA to provide more information on the draft proposals. To register for these sessions, please use the links provided below:
- Monday 1 August at 10 am [Register for this session] (This session will have a New Zealand Sign Language Interpreter and closed caption transcription service available.)
- Tuesday 2 August at 2 pm [Register for this session].
An information pack will be sent to registered participants before the information sessions.