Tourism: 2022 Review of Cook Island Tourism Standards
Cook Island Tourism
Ringa Hora Services Workforce Development Council reviewed the nine Cook Island Tourism unit standards 16875-16878, 16880-16884, and submitted them to NZQA for evaluation in November 2022.
We have engaged with the sector and obtained feedback to inform the review, and changes have been made to the standards to ensure they remain current and fit for purpose.
The main proposed changes are:
- Updating Guidance information to include an additional reference resource, and a few minor formatting changes.
- The official Cook Island tourism website has been added to the guidance information of the following standards: 16875 and 16876
- Information about Tereora College has been given in the guidance information to assist with teaching resources.
- 16878 – a range statement for 3.1 has been added to make use of local materials optional
- 16881 – the range statement for 2.2 has been updated to ‘may include but not limited to’, to broaden options that reflect the current and future tourism environment. A contact email address has been added to the guidance information.
- 16882 – the range statement for 1.1 has been changed from “include” to “may include but not limited to”, with evidence of eight required. Performance criteria 2.1, 2.2 and 2.4 has been tweaked to flow better. The intent of the criteria remains the same.
- 16883 – Performance criteria 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 2.2 and 3.1 has been tweaked to flow better. The intent of the criteria remains the same.
- 16884 – Definitions of activities, attractions and events have been added to the guidance information.
- Adding a last date for assessment of 31 December 2024 to all superseded versions.
- Updating all standards to reflect the change of standard setting body from ServiceIQ to Ringa Hora Services Workforce Development Council.
- Updating all standards to reflect terminology used in the current template, where Explanatory Notes are Guidance Information, and Evidence requirements are Performance criteria.
The current version of these standards is available here.
Information on Tourism and Travel Services Qualifications and Services is available here.
Participation and feedback
We welcome any expressions of interest in participating in future developments in this Sector. We are happy to add people to our email network at any time. If you wish to be included in the email network, or if you have any feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org